Welcome to the first Monday Memo of the 2019/2020 school year. I will be updating this area of my profile with announcement so that you're able to find information I send you easily!
This week, August 26 - August 30, I will be seeing students as Walk - Ins. Please come to POT 202 to check in.
First Year Meetings
If you are new to UK, please set up a meeting during the month of September with me via your myUK page.
To make an appointment, please use these instructions:
- Sign into myUK
- Click on the Student Services tab
- Click on the myInfo page
- Click on the myAppointments link (the Student Scheduler Home page will load)
- Under Advising Departments, select Arts & Sciences
- Select General Advising under the available appointment categories
- Click on a day on the calendar (these appear in blue) and then mouse over appointment blocks to select a desired appointment time
- Please wait until the appointment window has finished processing and the confirmation message is displayed
- The appointment block will now display with a grey background color – this indicates that the appointment has been scheduled (do not click on the red delete button that is displayed unless you wish to cancel your appointment)
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- Once you have scheduled an appointment, please record this appointment in your planner. Cancel your appointment if you cannot make it.
- Note: I will post my appointment availability 2-3 weeks at a time throughout the academic year.
DEEP of UK: Diversity Leadership Retreat
The MLK Center offers a "DEEP of UK: Diversity Leadership Retreat" for undergrad students that A&S undergrads may be interested in. The deadline is August 30th and information on registration is available here:
What is DEEP of UK?
D.E.E.P of UK is an overnight diversity leadership retreat giving UK students the opportunity to gain knowledge and training on issues of multicultural education, power & gender dynamics, oppression theory and the cycle of socialization. The goal of D.E.E.P is for students to leave the retreat with a personal impact statement that will allow them to make an impact on their community as well as promote and foster a stronger sense of belonging!