Sometimes faculty and staff may need to give a referral to a student who needs help with self-exploration or with a crisis. These areas provide support to students in a variety of ways.
Where to send students
- Career and internship services: James W. Stuckert Career Center
- Health related issues: University Health Service, Counseling Center, VIP (Violence Intervention and Prevention) Center
- Financial aid: Office of Student Financial Aid, Financial Appeals & Ombud
- LGBTQ support and information: LGBTQ Resources
- Living on campus: Residence Life, Dining Servicesand Dining Plans
- Parents and family programs: Office of New Student and Parent Programs, UK Parent Association
- Psychological services: Counseling Center
- Recreation activities: Campus Recreation
- Resources for students with disabilities: Disability Resource Center
- Service and activism: Center for Student Involvement, LGBTQ Resources, and Fraternities & Sororities Affairs Office
- Stress and test anxiety: The Study, Counseling Center
- Student organizations: Center for Student Involvement, Fraternities & Sororities Affairs Office, and Campus Recreation
- Student emergencies:Dean of Students Office
See here for additional resources.